LibLime Announces New Features in LibLime Academic Koha “By Academic Librarians for Academic Librarians”
Bethesda, MD – June 22, 2011 -For over two years, LibLime has worked with Westchester Academic Library Directors Organization (WALDO), to build an ILS specifically for academic libraries. LibLime Academic Koha is the result. Designed, tested and used by academic librarians, LibLime Academic Koha offers the right platform for making an ILS be all that it can be. With LibLime and WALDO, academic librarians have the opportunity to work with like-minded professionals toward a shared goal of designing software that works for them.
With the end of the school year fresh in every academic librarian’s mind – LibLime wants to let you know about several features available in LibLime Academic Koha that can make the semester transition easier. These features are now completed, tested and documented. They are available in the LibLime Academic Koha Release 4.6. Come join the LibLime academic development partnership and start to take advantage of these beneficial tools and the open development project.
Batch Patron upload and editing:
– Upload a file (csv or other standard) of patron records
– Match existing records – establish over-write rules if desired
Update patron records in bulk:
– change all sophomores to junior status, for example
– change an expiration date on a large set of patron records
Lost item handling:
– retain a link between a lost item and the last borrowing patron – even after fines are paid
– if the item is found, apply a credit to the patron account according to library policy
– establish and maintain replacement fees at the item type level – providing additional nuance and specificity to the fines charged when replacing an item to ensure maximum expense recovery; choose if fees are refunded when item is returned
Westchester Academic Library Directors Organization (WALDO) is a membership organization supporting the procurement & administration of electronic information services for libraries since 1982. Supporting over 900 member libraries, WALDO offers consortial discounts for over 5,000 products and services. For more information, please visit WALDO at www.waldolib.org or contact Rob Karen at email@example.com or (866) 579-6051 ext. 101. Other advantages of choosing a LibLime solution through WALDO include volume discounts, standard contracts, consolidated renewal and centralized billing. Participation in the LibLime discounts through WALDO is available to all WALDO members.
About LibLime, a division of PTFS
LibLime, a division of PTFS, is the global leader in professional Koha support. LibLime’s robust staff of programmers, data specialists, librarians, system administrators and project managers, provides first class consulting, implementation, data migration, training, development, and maintenance/hosting services for Koha in libraries of all types and sizes. PTFS is the developer of the world’s leading digital content management software, ArchivalWare, and also specializes in library staffing requirements, digitization, and systems integration. For more information, see liblime.com or ptfs.com or archivalware.net.