You should also have root access to the server, you should have a reasonable level of comfort working with Linux at the command line level, and a general understanding of database structure will also help.
How LibLime can help:
Hosting and Support:
• No need for server management or IT resources in the Library;
• Backups, upgrades, bug fixes, server management - all done by LibLime;
• Every Library enjoys multiple Koha instances – one each for production, testing and reporting. Libraries can train staff, try new features and run resource intensive reports without impacting the production environment;
• Customer Support Center with Web Portal interface for placing new requests, tracking existing requests, and researching FAQs.
Professionally-managed, milestone-based schedules which include :
• Application configuration (both at the administrative level and at the modular level).
• Data migration. Includes: bibliographic records, item/copy records, holdings records, authority records, patron records, and current circulation transactions covering fines/fees/holds/current status.
• Creation of design specifications with our customers to map the requirements with existing Koha workflows;
• DBAs and system administrators who support the development team with hardware and database experience.
• Software requirements analysis;
• Workflow studies;
• Legacy ILS/Koha ILS comparative scoping.