About LibLime Koha
LibLime Koha is the most advanced open-source Integrated Library System in use today by hundreds of libraries worldwide.
LibLime Koha is web based, so there is no software to install on desktop computers, and LibLime hosting services means that no servers are required in the libraries. LibLime's IT experts manage all upgrades, backups and general system maintenance, and the Library's local IT staff can focus on the Library's many other projects.
The development of LibLime Koha is steered by a growing number of libraries throughout the world. These libraries, either on their own, or collaborating in groups, sponsor the development of new features to support their workflows. LibLime Koha's impressive feature set continues to evolve and expand to meet the needs of its sponsoring libraries. Everyone may not use the same features. This freedom to pick and choose from features, through the administration of system preferences, offers librarians the opportunity to tailor their LibLime Koha instance to match their specific workflow needs.
In keeping with open source tradition, library-sponsored enhancements to LibLime Koha are available for others to use, modify, and re-distribute.
LibLime Koha offers Libraries:
• Easy-to-use circulation policies, strong patron management, intuitive navigation, and extensive permissions for staff accounts.
• Parent-child relationship for patron records, as well as a 'copy' patron feature to quickly add families.
• A Clubs and Services feature that allows libraries to manage reading groups, book clubs, and other other community outreach programs. This feature is easily managed by library staff.
• Extensive support for holds, including an option to 'suspend' and 'reactivate' a hold, an option to place holds from a patron's OPAC account, an option to allow staff to re-organize the holds queue, and an option to place holds at either the title or item level.
• Enhanced matching policy rules for the 001 and 035 tags, allowing libraries to update older records with a newer version.
• Libraries to 'undo' entire import batches from the catalog in a single click, rather than having to delete on a one-by-one basis.
• SIP2 configuration for a wide variety of vendors and their products, including ITG, 3M, EnvisionWare, Talking Tech, Overdrive, TechLogic, and Librarica. LibLime Koha also works with EzProxy as a dual authentication source for remote database access.